April 9, 2011

My Learning Curve

Getting on Etsy.com felt like climbing a mountain. A wild mountain--perhaps one that I imagined would take an hour to climb, but part way through began to wish I'd brought my camping gear.

But, it was worth it.

We have had a couple of sales, and I just got an email notifying me that my first box has arrived at its destination.

We've also had lots of inquiries about custom work. That's exciting, too.

Now that I'm at the top of Mt. Etsy, I'm beginning to look around and wonder what next? Here I am. I have seen a measure of success. However, not just any measurement of success will do. We want to do business! So, where, from the top of Mt. Etsy, can I go?

My friends tell me: Facebook.

Facebook, here we come.

I keep wondering if other people make these little business decisions, and take action with as much effort as I seem to use. Well, this is me, and I am what I am, and I trust that my Father knows what he is doing with me.

Enough of my musings.

Here's a dilemma. We have these great frames...
1001-1

...and I can't figure out a way to ship them! They are so big! Well, I can ship them, but it just remains to be seen if anyone is willing to pay a hundred dollars just for shipping.

BUT! Anyone that wants to can stop by, and pick one up!!

1001-3

They are so beautiful.

Framed Message Boards--30" Wide x 45" High: $150

We have 3 finishes of Bone Cork Boards...

Solid (pictured above)

Distressed:
1002-4

Glazed:
1003-2

We also have a set of "Antiqued" frames, also for $150.

Cork:
1033-1

Chalkboard:
1034-2

and White Board:
1035-1

For bargain shoppers, we have 2 boards with slight flaws, that I marked down to $100!

Contact us if you are interested!
P.S. Mother's Day is May 8th!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your Etsy adventure! It is so fun when you get an email letting you know you made a sale! There is soething so cool about someone else buying something you made!

    Wish I lived closer by to buy one of those awesome corkboards!!

    Blessings!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi i love all of your woodworks! my mom found you somehow on etsy... and then i saw you on darby's fly through our window blog! we are in troy and in the process of building a new house. i am interested in your large mirrors to put over vanities in our new bathrooms! i love the chalkboard too! enjoyed looking through your blog and hope to do business sometime in the near future!

    ReplyDelete